Up, up and away! A place for comic-book fans to gather.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Goodbye Hawkman, hello Hawkgirl


I caught up on some of my reading over the weekend - which, for me, means whittling down my stack of unread comics. Among the comics I finally got to was “Hawkman” No. 49. Next month the series transforms into “Hawkgirl.” No, there’s no sex change involved. It just means that when the DC Universe jumps a year ahead in time next month in the big One Year Later shakeup, Hawkgirl is still around, but Hawkman isn’t. I hope the change is a temporary one. Writer Geoff Johns untangled Hawkman’s incredibly complex history and continuity a few years ago and made the Hawkman-Hawkgirl relationship the crux of the series. I don’t want to see that love lost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home