Up, up and away! A place for comic-book fans to gather.

Friday, June 15, 2007

Covering the "Covergirls"

I received a review copy this week of “DC Comics Covergirls,” a great-looking coffee-table book from Universe Publishing.

There are hundreds of covers displayed in the book, from Golden Age through today. Sexy, silly, dramatic, goofy - the whole range is there. I got a kick out of the older, siller ones ones. Batgirl has a run in her tights on one cover, a book that I remember from my distant childhood. A cover of “Lois Lane, Superman's Girlfriend” invites readers to weigh in on a new haircut.

The book is written by longtime comics writer and editor Louise Simonson. She does a good, scholarly job, though I would have liked to have seen a little more of her opinions and personality in there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home