Up, up and away! A place for comic-book fans to gather.

Friday, April 18, 2008

Lionel Luthor, R.I.P.

Strong episode of “Smallville” last night. Reading between the lines, I had expected Luthor Lionel to be killed. But I didn’t expect it in the opening minutes of the show. Lex has totally embraced the dark side, and the scenes between Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) and Clark (Tom Welling) crackled.

I’m wondering if maybe this should have been the last season, though. I read in Entertainment Weekly that creators Afred Gough and Miles Millar are leaving soon. And it’s been reported that Rosenbaum and Kristin Kreuk won’t be regulars next season. So I’m worried the show’s going to limp to an end.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is hard for me to think he is really gone. I will miss him if he isn't doing more episodes.

Are there ghosts in Smallville who come back to haunt their killers? Can we expect some flashbacks for Glover?

Maybe the show is going with a younger bad guy.

I am with you in hoping the show isn't going down on wobbly legs if it is over.

Comic Guy2

3:38 PM

 
Blogger Bill Radford said...

It's comic book land, so there's certainly the possibility for Glover/Lionel to return in some capacity.

12:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home