Up, up and away! A place for comic-book fans to gather.

Monday, July 28, 2008

The DCU grows

Another San Diego Comic-Con has come and gone. I spent the weekend catching up on the latest news through Newsarama and others. The biggest announcements seemed to come out of DC, such as:

The DC Universe is growing. DC has acquired the rights to the old Archie superheroes; they'll be showing up in "The Brave and the Bold." And, more exciting, the old Milestone characters (once published by DC, though part of a separate company) are returning, and this time will be part of the DCU.

Neil Gaiman on Batman! Only a two-part story, apparently, but still ... Neil Gaiman on Batman!

Geoff Johns is writing an episode of "Smallville" that will introduce the Legion of Super-Heroes. With Lex and Lana gone for the most part, I'm having trouble being excited at all about the upcoming season of "Smallville," but I'll at least be checking out this episode.

Speaking of Johns, he and Ethan Van Sciver will be reunited for "Flash: Rebirth," which will help reintroduce the long-gone Barry Allen to the DCU. I have mixed feelings about the return of Barry, who died decades ago in "Crisis on Infinite Earths," but the dynamic duo of Johns and Van Sciver give me some reassurance.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not sold on this season of "Smallville" either but with Green Arrow coming on as a regular and now this idea, it seems like I too will give it a try even though I will miss Lex.

Comic Guy2

2:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home