Up, up and away! A place for comic-book fans to gather.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Spider-Man the musical

The Associated Press reports that the long-discussed Spider-Man musical might make its way onto Broadway next year.

"The Internet has been abuzz about the web slinger's possible leap to the stage since last year, with casting call notices sparking fervent chatter," The AP says. "A move to Broadway would put Marvel in the company of Walt Disney Co., which has been very successful in extending brands such as 'Mary Poppins,' 'The Little Mermaid' and 'The Lion King' into theatrical productions."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really? I like just about all things "Spiderman" but a musical would be very low on the list of things I would want to see. No one I have talked with about this is the least bit interested.

Still ... maybe there is a desire for this musical and I am just not plugged into the group. :-)

Comic Guy2

1:44 PM

 
Blogger Bill Radford said...

Years and years ago, I saw in Kanssas City an off-Broadway presentation of the Superman musical. But I was just a kid; I really don't remember anything. At any rate, I'm just not a fan of musicals. Every super-heroed ones.

8:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home