Up, up and away! A place for comic-book fans to gather.

Monday, July 17, 2006

"Superman Returns" on the big, big screen


I dragged my wife and daughter to “Superman Returns” this weekend and they both liked it.

The first time I saw “Superman Returns,” I was in a regular theater. This time, we saw it at the Cinemark IMAX theater, complete with 20 minutes or so of 3-D action. Is it worth the extra cost? I think so. Some of the coolest scenes - such as the one of Superman hovering in space, keeping watch over Earth - are even better when seen on the big, big screen. And the 3-D stuff was fun, particularly during the spectacular aerial rescue early on in the movie. The only problem was that I’d get so caught up in the scenes that I’d miss the flashing red glasses in the corner that indicated it was time to take my 3-D glasses off and my wife would have to nudge me in the side.

“Superman Returns,” by the way, was No. 4 at the box office this weekend with an estimated $11.6 million.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home