Up, up and away! A place for comic-book fans to gather.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Comics via computer

IGN Entertainment announced this week that its Direct2Drive digital retail store has launched the Web’s first independent, download-to-own comic-book shop and will start selling comics from Top Cow. It anticipates adding content from other comic and manga publishers in the next year. The downloadable comics are delivered in high-res, full-color documents via Adobe Systems Incorporated’s Portable Document Format so that you can download, view and print the comic books on any standard Windows PC.

I’m all for anything that gets comics in the hands of more people. I don’t think I’d be too eager, though, to print out my own. I’d rather seek out old Top Cow titles from comic-book shops' bargain bins. But maybe I'm just behind the times ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home