Up, up and away! A place for comic-book fans to gather.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

The "Countdown" continues


Another week, another issue of DC’s “Countdown.”

I hate to jump on the anti-“Countdown” bandwagon, but I can’t say that I’m really digging this weekly series. I was intrigued by “52,” its predecessor, but I’m mostly bored by “Countdown.”

Like “52,” there are many characters and plots to follow in “Countdown.” In “52,” though, some threads would be lost for a while while other stories gained pages and steam. In “Countdown,” the formula seems to be to spend a few pages each issue with each plot. And as a result, things just seem to be plodding along on many fronts. I also can’t get excited about one of the “A” plots, the threat to DC’s multiverse. DC went on fine during the many years the multiverse was a forgotten concept, so what do I care if it is in jeopardy again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home