Up, up and away! A place for comic-book fans to gather.

Friday, June 20, 2008

"Old Man Logan"


The cover of this week's "Wolverine" No. 66 touts it as the greatest Wolverine story ever. I don't know about that, but the issue - which starts Mark Millar's "Old Man Logan" storyline - is pretty awesome. Drenched in a Mad Max, post-apocalyptic atmosphere, the story is set 50 years or so into the future, a dark time when the superheroes are gone and evil has taken over. (Maybe they ran into DC's "Final Crisis," touted as the day evil won.) Wolverine has settled down, a struggling farmer with a wife and kids, and apparently hasn't popped his claws in all that time. In the opening chapter, he suffers a pretty bad beating, thanks to the grandchildren of Bruce "Hulk" Banner. Wolverine's old buddy Hawkeye is also around, and ready to take Logan on an epic road trip in future chapters.


"Old Man Logan" reunites Millar with artist Steve McNiven, and as with "Civil War," they again make a great team.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I am going to like this one but then I am a Wolverine guy. It could be cool.

Comic Guy2

3:37 PM

 
Blogger Bill Radford said...

I'm NOT much of a Wolverine guy, but I'm definitely going to put future issues on my pull list.

12:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home