Up, up and away! A place for comic-book fans to gather.

Friday, August 15, 2008

Bad times for Bats


Got to the comic book store a day late this week. Top of my reading pile: "Batman" No. 679, the latest chapter in Grant Morrison's "Batman R.I.P" story line, and issue No. 5 of Marvel's "Secret Invasion."


I'm totally caught up in "Batman R.I.P," a dark, feverish nightmare of a story that finds Batman totally wacked out, Nightwing held in Arkham Asylum, Alfred being clubbed every issue by the bad guys and Commissioner Gordon facing deadly danger. I have NO idea where this is headed. (Only down side is that folks trying to get into the comics after seeing "The Dark Knight" are going to be SOOO lost.)


"Secret Invasion" moved along this issue after sort of treading water, I thought, last time. At least the good guys are finally making their push. I agree with readers who are complaining that some key role by Captain America and Thor was set up by the last page of last issue, but not followed up on at all this time. What's up with that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home