Up, up and away! A place for comic-book fans to gather.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Up, up and away

With Marvel's comics apparently headed for a standard $3.99 price point, rumor king Rich Johnston has an interesting look at the increase in comic book prices over the years compared to the rate of inflation in his latest Lying in the Gutters column. He starts with 1977, when the price was 30 cents. I perhaps shouldn't admit this, but I'm old enough that I can remember when comics went from 12 cents to 15 cents, and then a quarter.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh the things 25 cents would buy in the good old days. :-) A few comics and a cold root beer. Parking for your dinosaur was free.

Today, I will be OK as long as I can afford "Fables" and "Jack of Fables".

Comic Guy2

2:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home