Up, up and away! A place for comic-book fans to gather.

Friday, March 03, 2006

The first look at the new DC


The DC universe has begun its leap one year forward, and so far, I’m liking what I’m seeing. “Detective Comics” this week finds Batman and Robin reunited and returning to Gotham City after a mysterious year’s absence. More surprising, perhaps, is the return of James Gordon as police commissioner, a job he abandoned after being gunned down and nearly dying years ago. One reader groused online that the new status quo is simply a return to the old one, but I don’t mind: I’ve missed the friendship between Gordon and Batman. “Aquaman” also caught my interest: It’s now titled “Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis” and features a new and rather befuddled Aquaman, with the old Aquaman that we know and love perhaps hiding in plain sight. For the reasons behind DC’s One Year Later event, see Sunday’s Comics Fan column.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home