Up, up and away! A place for comic-book fans to gather.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Spider-Man's "Brand New Day"


Well, it’s a “Brand New Day” for Spider-Man after the events of “One More Day.” I read “Amazing Spider-Man” No. 546 last night. It’s nice to have artist Steve McNiven back and the writing by Dan Slott is fine (a nice, breezy first-person narrative by Peter Parker). But I just don’t know if I’ll be able to care about this “new” Spider-Man, who seems to have de-aged, lives with his aunt again and has his best buddy, Harry, back. I get my fix of a younger Spidey over at “Ultimate Spider-Man.” On “Amazing,” it’s hard to get my head around the fact that so much that has happened over the years is gone. Again, it’s not just that Peter and MJ aren’t married. It’s that all the significant milestones in recent years, such as Aunt May finding that Peter is Spider-Man, have been wiped away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home