Up, up and away! A place for comic-book fans to gather.

Monday, June 02, 2008

"The Stand" revisited

As announced during the weekend at WizardWorld in Philadelphia, and detailed in a press release sent today, Marvel will publish a comic-book adaptation of Stephen King's "The Stand."

"There's nothing more interesting - and more fun - than seeing an old work take on new life in a new medium," King says in the press release.

"The Stand" was published 30 years ago and I'm a big fan. But I'm not that excited about a comic book version; if I want to revist the story, I'll just pull it off the shelf and read it again. I'd be more interested in seeing new comic book stories spin out of "The Stand." Then again, if it gets more King fans into comics, that's a good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home