Up, up and away! A place for comic-book fans to gather.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

"Superpowers"

A copy of "Superpowers," a new novel by David Schwartz, landed on my desk yesterday. It's about a group of college friends who after a night of partying discover they have superpowers and form a crime-fighting group. I've got a vacation coming up in a couple of weeks, so maybe I'll have time to read it then. Publishers Weekly calls it an "eager-to-please but unsatisfying debut" by Schwartz. But I found some online critic who touts it as poignant and emotionally hard-hitting. We'll see....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a friend in college that developed super powers like that every Saturday night. Except, that he tried to do all those super stunts before the party was over so he discovered he really COULDN'T leap over a car, fly down from a high tree limb or run through a run down storage house. ;-) I did enjoy the pizza's when I won the bets I had with him.

Still, this could be a good novel.

P2

5:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home