Up, up and away! A place for comic-book fans to gather.

Friday, October 31, 2008

"Rage of the Red Lanterns"


I confess, I didn't completely understand this week's "Final Crisis: Rage of the Red Lanterns." But I still enjoyed it, just as I continue to enjoy Geoff Johns' expansion of the Green Lantern mythology. (The Green Lantern Corps are kind of becoming the Rainbow Corps, what with the introduction of the Red Lanterns , Blue Lanterns and others.)


I also liked Shane Davis' art, but what I was really struck by was the coloring (appropriate, considering the title.) As a poster on Newsarama noted, it really pops off the page. I could do without the Red Lanterns constantly projectile-vomiting blood, though. Nasty business, there.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still to come, the light bringing Chinese Lantern and Japanese Lantern along with the much feared Jack-O-Lantern. ;-)

Comic "Lantern" Guy2

2:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home