Up, up and away! A place for comic-book fans to gather.

Monday, October 06, 2008

A super "Supergirl"


I haven't read "Supergirl" in some time, but I picked up last week's issue No. 34 in anticipation of the upcoming "New Krypton" story line, which will encompass "Supergirl" as well as "Superman" and "Action Comics."


This issue also introduced the new creative team of writer Sterling Gates and artist Jamai Igle. It was a fun issue, with Kara coping with a scathing article titled "Why the World Does Not Need a Supergirl" and establishing a new civilian identity with a connection to a long-lived Superman supporting character. And, as a newspaper guy, I loved the cover, showing Supergirl ripping through the front page of The Daily Planet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dana said...

Thanks so much for all the info about this poster & the comic book issue that prompted it!

I recently ran across this same poster in the window of Speeding Bullet comics, a store in Norman OK. It's still a very compelling graphic! I posted a photo to my Facebook page...

Dana Graves

3:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home