Up, up and away! A place for comic-book fans to gather.

Friday, March 10, 2006

A trio of titles from DC


I love my job. DC today sent me advance copies of some comics that will arrive in comic-book stores next week, including “Superman” No. 650 (right), “Green Arrow” No. 60 and “Birds of Prey” No. 92. They’re all part of this month’s leap one year forward for the DC universe. I won’t ruin any surprises, but I can tell you that you won’t actually see Superman in “Superman” or Green Arrow in “Green Arrow.” And there’s at least one very surprising new member in “Birds of Prey.” The One Year Later jump is intriguing because it puts new readers and old on a level playing field: As we join stories in midstream for the most part, we’re all confused. But I hope answers come sooner rather than later. I didn’t understand a lot of what was going on in “Birds of Prey,” and I don’t think “huh?” is really the way you want readers to react to a story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home