Up, up and away! A place for comic-book fans to gather.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

King on "The Gunslinger Born"


USA Today has a story today on Marvel’s “The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger Born,” based on Stephen King’s “The Dark Tower” novels. In the story, King details his role with the comic book, explaining, “I had a lot of involvement in casting the course of the narrative, and in fact suggested that these illustrated narratives should focus on Roland’s young manhood.”

The comic, due in February, is written by Peter David and Robin Furth and illustrated by Jae Lee and Richard Isanove. Though I’m a King fan, I’ve never gotten into “The Dark Tower.” But I might pick up the comic just on the basis of the art. When I was talking to Marvel’s Joe Quesada the other day about plans for 2007, he raved about the “Dark Tower” art. And King says of Jae Lee’s art on the book: “His work has never been better.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home